Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cool-age

Here are some collages I've been doing. My process is like this: Make a drawing I hate, cut it up and make a collage that I hate, cut that up and have a finished collage (meaning some of these took a long time with fairly simple looking results). Some of them are images I printed from the internet onto computer paper and then painted on, others are just cut up segments of paintings. Yesterday I started messing around with Photoshopping as well. I hope to do more of these as starting points for bigger projects/paintings.


necco tower
9"x11.5"
digital print out, gouache, paper



bermuda house
9"x12.5"
gouache, paper


highway house
7"x10"
digital print out, gouache, paper


study for oil painting
8.5"x11"
digital print out (photo credit AD Jacobson), Photoshop, gouache

1 comment:

Sondria said...

These are incredibly COOL! Love the bush men and the highway house...something about using leaves to put on a show just meshes well with Fall for me. Can't wait to watch you explore more of these :) deuces!