Friday, June 3, 2011

Broken Hand Press

New prints (sorry to take pics of them in their sleeves)
You Are Beautiful And I Love You. Hand screen print on Rives BFK, Edition of 25, 4 color combinations, 12"x19"

Since I broke my left (read:important) wrist, I have been working at home. Luckily I have a room all to myself and my boyfriend doesn't complain about me covering his pianos with prints. Note the clip lamp taped to the desk: it has a 300 watt bulb ($6 at Home Depot) and at 12" away, I can expose a 12"x18" screen in 20 minutes. Wash out in the tub with a scrub brush, let dry, find a clean spot (there's got to be one somewhere), and print. This is basically the process I use with my students. No light table, no racks, no pressure sprayer, no darkroom. Feel free to comment with questions on this process- and then get to work silk screening at home! Also, these prints are for sale.

No comments: