Friday, June 3, 2011

Great Grandmother


Recently I visited Asbury Park, NJ with my roller derby team (you read that right). I was excited for this trip in particular, because it brought me back to where my dad's family lives and where my great-grandmother was once famous. You can read her story here.

I decided to follow up on this trip with a series of drawings, and since I broke my wrist and was unable to finish some of the paintings I had been working on previously, it seemed like the perfect time to make some sloppy, opposite/broken hand drawings.

The Great Cedora at age 16 on the boardwalk with her bicycle.

Another classic

Eleanore, ink on paper, 50"x"36", 2011

(detail)

(detail)

Cedora, ink and gouache on paper, 40"x24", 2011

(detail)

1 comment:

killah beezus said...

Loved the article on your Great Grandmother :)
Beez