Thursday, July 2, 2009

DISPARITION

So, it's been a while, but I'm ready to get this bloggin ball rollin (ugh...I almost made a bad pun about 'blogrolls'...sorry, guys). Ahem...Onto the news:

I am currently in a group show called 'Disparition' curated by my friend and fellow Glasgow School of Art alum, Alex Jacobson. The show is in Portland, ME at Zero Station, which is definitely one of the coolest gallery spaces I've ever seen. I can't do it much justice, but in short, it's crisp, modern, bright, and beautiful. The show features works influenced by collage and includes two artists from Maine, four from Scotland, my roommate Jon Skibo, and me. I showed a new and improved version of Buckface, and I was also asked to do a wall painting, which I only had 24 hours to complete. It was definitely stressful, but a good exercise, and while it's (obviously) not as finished as I'd like it to be, I was generally pleased with the results. Pictures below. Disparition will be on view at Zero Station, 222 Anderson Street, Portland, ME, until next week.

Looking classy for the opening

Buckface detail

Buckface in all his antlered glory


detail of wall painting

When we were in Memphis, you said Sunday is like a ghost town, acrylic on wall
the gallery


Setting up and taping off the night before


Zero Station

No comments: